Thursday, April 3, 2008

My Very Own Aquarium Set-up

Your Ad Here



Here you can see my planted aquarium set-up. I am an enthusiast in aquatic plants and fishes. After I saw my brother in law and Takashi Amano's Planted set-ups, I decided to have my own aquarium set-up. I am amazed of how symbiotic relationship of fishes and aquatic plants in your very own aquarium. Maintenance of aquariums like this is inexpensive( If you have resources available) but takes a lot of work to clean and maintain. Water quality must be soft , based on my experience, slightly brownish, and has a foul odor of that of aged water. I had good results in this set-up. I introduced only 4 serpae tetra( which I find it a hardy specie) and a stand-by powerhead and filter in case the water gets murky. I used artificial lighting ( but plants look more attractive on natural daylight).

0 comments: